The decision to enter psychotherapy may be a difficult one as it often reflects a serious commitment to making change. My goal is to join you in this commitment by providing psychotherapy in a supportive environment while encouraging your own capacity for self inquiry and personal growth.
- Are you tired of settling for less?
- Do you feel hopeless, helpless, or like nothing will ever change?
- Are you always looking for validation from others, instead of feeling good about yourself from within?
- Are you often anxious, and afraid something bad is going to happen?
- Do you often react in ways that make things worse?
- Do you wish you could control your emotions, instead of your emotions controlling you?
- Or do you feel numb, like you can't feel anything?
Whatever brings you to therapy, you will be a part of a trusting and caring relationship that supports your desire for change.
Though my therapeutic style is primarily insight-oriented, I have extensive training in dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT) and mindfulness practices to help you learn skills to thrive. My expertise is in working with adolescents (age 14+) and adults for issues related to trauma, sadness and depression, anxiety, difficult relationships, transition and loss, emotional overwhelm, or just feeling emotionally stuck.
You are not alone. Whether our engagement is brief and focused, or long-term and in-depth, we will identify the issues that get in the way of your happiness and work together to achieve your goals.
My office is located at: 899 Skokie Blvd, Suite 342, Northbrook, IL, 60062.
Rebecca Strauss, LCSW
For a free confidential phone consultation, please contact me at 224-408-0115, or email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
New to therapy? This article has 21 tips to help you make use of the first appointment and subsequent therapy sessions. https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/in-therapy/201005/21-tips-clients-in-psychotherapy